UV420 Plasma Grow Light
Ceravision has developed its UV420 HEP plasma grow-light for horticulture supplementary grow-lighting. The UV420 plasma grow-light has completed compliance testing to all relevant international standards by independent laboratories and is now CE marked.
To order the UV420 please click here.
This unique plasma grow-light delivers blue light UV-A and UV-B - all essential for stronger, faster vegetative growth and more resinous, higher yielding crops. Output can be adjusted to deliver the optimum amount of supplemetary light, tailored to the growing cycle. Crops grown under UV420 grow-lights will produce higher levels of terpenes, essential oils and flavonoids. The UV420 has attracted much interest from the hydroponics sector including as a cannabis grow-light.
UV420 Plasma Grow-Light Delivers Enhanced Performance
|Total Light Delivered Over 2.0m2|
|Other Plasma - 56 Watts||CMH - 77 Watts||UV420 - 115 Watts|
The dose in the UV420 plasma grow-light consists of metal halides that are completely evaporated. This removes any potential for degradation on the inner surfaces of the capsule during operation and allows for lamp life in excess of 25,000 hours. Other plasma technologies and metal halide lamps suffer from material stress of the capsule caused through chemical reactivity of the metal halide liquid pool which is a precursor to failure and reduced life (see diagram below).
UV420's Patented Dose Provides Extended Life and a 2-year (12,000 hrs) Warranty
|Metal Halide||Other Plasma||
The UV420 Plasma Grow-Light is a Perfect Supplementary Grow-Light
The quantity and wavelength of light reaching the crop can be modified according to the reflector glass used:
- Standard Glass: has a lot of blue light and little UV-A and UV-B (black line in charts);
- Enhanced UV: has increased UV-A and UV-B (red line in charts below); and
- Enhanced UV+: has maximum UV-A and UV-B (blue line in charts below).
UV420's Relative Light Qantity from 200nm to 800nm
UV420's Relative Light Qantity from 260nm to 400nm
The chart below shows the more complete spectra offered by the UV420 in respect of the chlorophyll ‘a’ and ‘b’ receptors in plants.
Photosynthetic Pigments and the UV420 Spectrum cf HSP (source Ceravision)
HPS, LEDs & Ceravision's UV420 Plasma Supplementary Grow-Light
Full continuous spectrum with sunlight qualities is the best for healthy plant development. Plants absorb light best at specific peaks in blue and red spectrums (465nm and 665nm). But UV-A (315 - 400nm) and UV-B (280 - 315nm) influence photomorphogenic plant responses including gene regulation, flavonoid biosynthesis, leaf and epidermal cell expansion, stomatal density, and increased photosynthetic efficiency. Exposure to UV-A and UV-B also induces the synthesis of specific proteins involved in resistance to microbial attack.
Plants grown outdoors are subject to varying amounts of UV-A and UV-B depending on geographical location and time of year. Unlike other supplementary grow-lights, the UV420 plasma grow-light delivers these benefits. In cannabis, anecdotal evidence shows that UV-A and UV-B delivers increased production of cannabinoids including CBD and THC and raises resin production by 20%.
HPS provides an efficient source of PAR, but does not produce usable UV-A or UV-B, lacking the high energy blue range below 560nm. LEDs are mono-chromatic and do not have a full spectrum similar to the sun, which can lead to inhibited plant growth; they also lack UV, essential for optimal plant growth and development. Metal halide (MH), Ceramic metal halide (CMH) or Fluorescent lighting can help to increase the blue spectrum; however neither offer very much UV light.
Good Reasons to Choose the UV420 Plasma Grow-Light
With a spectrum of 280 - 550 nm, the UV420 plasma grow-light produces intense visible blue light, UV-A and UV-B and filters out harmful UV-C, the UV420 may be the most efficient supplementary grow-light around:
- Faster rooting, stronger, faster vegetative growth and more resinous, higher yielding crops
- Protection from moulds and mildew and near elimination of pests
- Improved pollination from pollinators attracted by the UV now on the flowers
- Increased terpenes, essential oils and flavonoids plus abundant trichome production
- Low maintenance, low running costs and compatible with existing contactors and timers
- Small light source, compact luminaire and minimal shadowing
- Uniform distribution of 2.0sq.m at hanging height of 2.0m and good penetration in hi-wire crops
- Easily changed reflector for blue-light and UV options to suit growth stage
- Low lamp degradation, 50,000hrs+ magnetron life and a tough, durable casing
- Complementary grow-light used with HPS and LED to maximise plant development
- Ideal grow-light for high value crops including cannabis.
...And it comes with Ceravision's 2-year or 12,000 hours warranty.
|Product Name||Ceravision UV420W|
|Manufacturer||Ceravision Lighting Limited|
|Power Consumption||430 Watts|
|Mains Supply Voltage||110-240 Volts at A/C 50-60 Hz|
|Dimensions||400 x 400 x 195mm|
|Ambient Operating Temperature||0ºC to 35ºC|
- Commercial enquiries: please contact Deborah Leaper, Sales Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UK Retail Sales: please contact The Greenhouse Effect on 01908 585283, email: email@example.com; visit The Greenhouse Effect, please click here.
- Europe and Rest of World: please contact Sales at Ceravision, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in becoming a distributor of Ceravision’s grow-lights, please email: email@example.com for further information.
Light is now a value added utility in many sectors. Offering a wide spectral range and energy efficiency, Ceravision's HEP lighting technology has the flexibility to offer economic solutions in high value global markets.
HEP Plasma Lighting Technology
HEP Plasma lighting is perfect for horticulture grow-lighting, where it delivers UV-A and UV-B light; and with its flexible spectral outputs and efficiency it offers solutions across a range of applications.
Ceravision maintains an extensive Intellectual Property (“IP”) portfolio comprising Patents, Trade Marks and Design Rights.