Features and Benefits
HEP plasma light technology is perfect for horticulture grow-lighting:
High output UV spectra: UV from the UV420 is vital for influencing plant physiology to boost nutritional and medicinal value
Tailored Spectral Output: The absence of electrodes enables flexibility in the dose chemistry and spectral output to be accurately specified - perfect for horticulture where UV-B has been overlooked and for tailoring to specific plants or outcomes
Improved Lifetime and Lumen Maintenance: Electrodes and metal-to-glass seals are common failure mechanisms in discharge lighting; with no electrodes, these are eliminated to deliver long life and high lumen maintenance levels of 90%
Very Bright Small Source Size: Single point source improves collection of the generated light for improved energy efficiency.
Good Vertical & Horizontal Illuminance: Point source facilitates efficient reflector designs, distributing light and maintaining high horizontal illuminance, crucial to penetrate through a canopy for uniform growth
Fully Dimmable: Can be fully controllable, with real–time dimming to 50% of system power and comparable consumption
Rapid Re-start: Power outages are a fact of life, but plasma grow-lights will cool sufficiently to enable a restart within four minutes
'Flicker-Free' Output: HEP lights operate at microwave frequencies and are effectively 'flicker-free' - perfect for video recording.
UV420 plasma grow-lights complement traditional PAR lighting systems:
- Delivers UV-B, UV-A and blue wavelengths through 280 to 550nm
- Working alongside PAR grow-lights for a full sunlight spectrum
- Small luminaire for excellent light penetration and minimal shadowing
- Long life of +30,000 hours
- Prolonged output - maintenance factor of 90%
- Optimise quantity and wavelengths for a particular growth stage.
Superior Performance Benefits:
- In indoor areas, it delivers the UV-B, UV-A and blue missing from most grow-lights
- Targets key pigments and photoreceptors 'missed' by other growlights
- Activated photoreceptors produce secondary metabolites eg terpenes, flavonoids, antioxidants
- Increased chlorophyll production and thereby improved photosynthesis
- Stronger rooting system to encourage faster vegetative growth
- Improved pollination from pollinators attracted by the UV on the flowers
- Reduced microbial attack and pests
- For growing, adding-value post-harvest; and sterilising between cycles.
Improved Economics for Higher Returns on Production Activities:
- Reduces capital costs of replacing units
- Prolongs light intensity to maximise growth and metabolite production
- Produces larger crop volumes/weights
- Enhances medicinal and nutritional values - flavour, colour and potency
- Reduces cash and environmental costs of hazardous pesticides and fertilisers
- Increases frequency of crop production
- In cannabis trials, resin production improved with >20% more CBG, CBD and THC.
Delivering flexible spectral outputs, Ceravision's HEP plasma lighting offers added-value and economic solutions in horticulture grow-lighting and other commercial applications.
HEP Plasma Lighting Technology
Ceravision’s HEP plasma grow-lights, with a UV spectrum providing UV-B, UV-A and blue herald a new scientific direction for horticulture lighting.
Ceravision maintains an extensive Intellectual Property (“IP”) portfolio comprising Patents, Trade Marks and Design Rights.