Features and Benefits
HEP Plasma Technology has attributes suitable for supplementary grow lighting:
- Tailored Spectral Output: The absence of electrodes enables wide flexibility in the dose chemistry and spectral output to be accurately specified. This means that the ionCORE™ light engine is perfect for horticulture grow-lights and for tailoring to specific plants; our work has also identified opportunities for a UV-C spectrum for sterilisation.
- Improved Lifetimes and Lumen Maintenance: Electrodes and metal-to-glass seals are the common failure mechanisms in traditional discharge lighting. With no electrodes in HEP plasma lighting these failure mechanisms are eliminated; this ensures longer life and high lumen maintenance levels of 90%.
- Very Bright Small Source Size: The small size of the quartz lamp improves collection of the generated light, dramatically improving energy efficiency.
- Good Vertical & Horizontal Illuminance: The small single point source facilitates efficient reflector designs, distributing light along vertical surfaces whilst maintaining high horizontal illuminance. This is crucial for horticulture where plasma grow-lights can penetrate through a canopy for uniform plant growth.
- Fully Dimmable: HEP plasma lighting can be fully controllable, with real–time dimming down to 50% of system power and with a comparable reduction in power consumption. This enables fixtures to be utilised very effectively to deliver specific local task lighting requirements as and when required.
- Rapid Re-start: Power outages are a fact of life, but in such an event, plasma grow-lights will cool sufficiently to enable a full restart within four minutes.
- Flicker-Free Output: HEP plasma lighting operates at microwave frequencies and is thus effectively flicker-free making it perfect for video recording.
UV420 Plasma Grow-Light is a perfect supplementary grow-light:
Several Unique Features:
- Delivers blue-light, UV-A and UV-B and green light through 280 to 550 nm
- Working alongside 'red-end' spectrum lights, it delivers a fuller natural spectrum
- Small luminaire for excellent light penetration and minimal shadowing
- Lamp life in excess of 25,000 hours
- Output and spectra adjustable to deliver best wavelengths for growing period
- Quantity and wavelength of light adjusted according to the transmitting filter used.
Provides Superior Performance Benefits:
- In indoor areas, it boosts the blue light, UV-A and UV-B required by plants
- Increased chlorophyll production and thereby improved photosynthesis
- Triggers blue light photoreceptors, to increase biomass and accelerate growth
- Stronger rooting system to encourage faster vegetative growth
- Enhanced colour, fragrance, nutritional value, taste and potency
- Improved pollination from pollinators attracted by the UV on the flowers
- Reduced microbial attack and pests.
Improves Economics for Higher Returns on Investment:
- Longer life units
- Prolonged output with ‘Maintenance Factor of +90% over life
- Fewer HPS units required
- Lower energy costs
- Reduced monetary and enviornmental costs of hazardous pesticides
- Increased frequency of crop production.
Higher Value End Products:
- Larger crop volume/weight
- Improved taste and fragrancy
- In cannabis, anecdotal evidence shows increased production of cannabinoids - CBD and THC - and resin production by 20%.
Offering flexible spectral outputs, Ceravision's HEP plasma lighting offers added-value and economic solutions in horticulture grow-lighting and other commercial applications.
HEP Plasma Lighting Technology
Ceravision’s HEP plasma grow-lights, with a unique spectrum providing essential blue, UV-A, UV-B and green light, herald a new future for horticulture lighting; and they can be tailored to suit different plants and outcomes.
Ceravision maintains an extensive Intellectual Property (“IP”) portfolio comprising Patents, Trade Marks and Design Rights.